Conservation Status - Vulnerable (around 20,000 remain) - Population Decreasing.
Human impact on Lions -
1. Habitat Destruction - One of the top reasons why lions are decreasing in number is due to their home being destroyed. As the human population & agriculture increases their homes are lost. Without an area to call their home, endangered lions often die off.
2. Disappearing Prey - As human populations encroach of on animal lands, they reduce all animal life, making it harder for lions to hunt for food.
3. Hunting Dangers - Some people kill lions as a recreational sport or for their fur, cruel but true.
4. Diseases - Human settlements can cause unintentional harm to animals. Like canine distemper caused the death of over a 1,000 lions at the Serengeti National Park. The apparent source of the virus was a domestic dogs living along the periphery of the park.
5. Illegal wildlife trade - Lion bones have become increasingly in demand, mostly due to traditional Asian medicine.
Why are lions important?
Lions are top predators in their environment, whether that’s grasslands, desert or open woodland. It means they play a crucial role in keeping a healthy balance of numbers among other animals, especially herbivores like zebra and wildebeest – which in turn influences the condition of grasslands and forests.
By protecting a lion’s landscape, we’re helping the whole area to thrive, which doesn’t just benefit wildlife but the people who rely on local natural resources too
What can you do?
Donate and/or spread the word. - the more we share and educate the ones around us, the more we encourage and open peoples mind. Kindness can be taught.
Don't forget to follow us on Instagram
If you like this blog, Register for updates on the next one.
Any views or opinions are not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual.
All content provided on this blog is for informational purposes only. The owner of this blog makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. The owner will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information.
Please do your own research and checking before donating or sharing.
The blog owner is not responsible for the content in comments.
This policy is subject to change at anytime.